Monday, June 11, 2007

Tales from NTA and Music

Wow! Can't believe it's been a week already. Nothing much new in terms of myself. But I have some crazy stories that I saw on NTA news that I just feel the need to comment on.

One story that I was watching with my parents was of a 7-year old child (I believe that was his age) that was lured into the field by some men on the pretense that he would be given sugar cane. These men instead led the child to the field where they took out both of his eyes so that they could be used in some ritual (to gain invisibility?). When I saw the kid, I was just shocked. Can you imagine how his mother feels, I can only imagine how I would feel if such would happen to my child. And this kid who had dreams of playing soccer and learning to write in Arabic and all these different things...all shattered. He can't do anything without the aid of someone anymore. It's a sad situation and I can only pray for him and his family.

What really bothers me is this child's life was ruined...a little child. People will see herbalists until who knows when, but...there is too much I could say here. I'm just saddened to be honest. Now I understand why my uncle was so mad at my siblings, cousins and myself for being out so late. He talked about people being used for rituals, but for some reason...the seriousness of it never dawned on me until now. Sucks when people have to live their life in fear.

Second and last story was another odd one. This man had become sick and went to a hospital and they gave him some treatments in the form of injections. Those injections ended up giving him a severe allergic reaction, and now he has a lot of yellow and dark puffed scars (keloids) all over his body including his face. And left the man blind. Horrible story here as well. They went to the hospital where this happened and tried to talk to the doctor. A security guard came out and started harshly talking to the camera crew. If you saw this, sorry for me telling such a horrible story. But that security guard left quite an impression on me because he only had what looked like swim trunks on...and a towel slung over his shoulder. Is this the attire of a security guard? The security guard part was a me getting sidetracked but the sad thing is that it was an unfortunate accident. I think they said the reaction was because of a syndrome he had. Still wondering if the hospital is to blame or not...

But for some better things...I'm sure you all have heard of Blogville Idols. Well I'm competing. Vote for me!!! Even if I sing bad haha...and get voted out in the first round (serious possibility though folks!)

But even if I sing bad...my boyfriend doesn't think so. He and some of his friend do this thing where they make beats to songs and write lyrics and record them. Their own little "record label" type thing. It's really cool, and I've listened to their first CD and it really surprised me. So he asked me if I wanted to do some collaboration with his group and sing a song on their next album. First I didn't want to because I didn't want to be intrusive on their stuff and then it would be like why does so-and-so have their girlfriend singing and etc. But apparently it wouldn't be like that. The idea of our song is a guy and girl who are friends but could be more and then at the end he pulls up the guts and asks her out. Cute isn't it? LOL But I heard the beat for it yesterday because he sent it to me...it's soo good! Okay, I'm excited for it lol. It will be like a Jessica Simpson and Nick L. song. You know the one that goes "your lips upon my lips will be the sweetest kiss?" Don't remember the song...and Nick and Jess are long gone lol.

In the spirit of this whole Idols thing...you guys. I just had to put the worst singers from Season Four up here. I stopped watching Idol after the first season though, because everything is always better the first time around lol.



Oh...and my next hairstyle will be revealed soon! Take care everyone! :-)

12 comments:

EDNUTEY said...

wassup fellow contestant
loving d competition so far?
hell knows I am
well, goodluck

EDNUTEY said...

don't be scared o
lol, me wey dey talk
I'm kinda nervous
but it's all for fun
so no problem
once again, goodluck

diary of a G said...

hey hey hey
wup girl
good luck
really sad stories
there is so much to be thankful
for as we are safe and in good health
by Gods grace

Mimi said...

lol you this girl u are funny. you used style tell us say you are a professional singer and your boyfi be producer eh?
best of luck jare. i'm sure ur boyfi hooked u up with some nice beatz :)

Jayn Sean said...

1st things 1st-good luck on the competition.
Those stories are so very sad.The lil boy's life will never be the same.
I'm going back to listen to that U-tube record.Will come back!

Good day..

BlogVille Idol said...

TANX FOR SINGING IN THE CONTEST WE REALLY APPRECIATE...PLS DONT FORGET TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FANS TO VOTE FOR YOU..YOU WILL BE GETTING THE RESULT ON THURSDAY

princesa said...

Good to know you are singing too at least that will make Pink-Satin happy. Now i dont know who i will vote for, You,Diary of a G or Sparkle?? lol, i havnt even heard any of you sing!

Anonymous said...

Goodluck babes!!!

Anonymous said...

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I LOVE P SQUARE(op master)

Everyone loves a nigerian girl pls no kill me o(LMAO)

BlogVille Idol said...

DEAR CONTESTANTS ,PLEASE GO TO OUR PAGE NOW TO SEE IF U ARE STILL IN D RUNNING TOWARDS BECOMING BLOGVILLES 1ST IDOL...LISTEN TO THE ANOUNCEMENT ON THE VOICE PLAYER...A POST SHOWING WHO IS STILL IN THE COMPETITION WILL BE POSTED SOON ....PLS IF U SEE U HAVE NOT BEEN ELIMINATED ABEG RECORD UR 9JA SONG IMMEDIATELY,OR AS SOON AS U CAN!!!DELAYS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED THIS TIME...PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

BlogVille Idol said...

since we have less contestants now maximum song length has been increased to 1min 30 sec

BlogVille Idol said...

Pls contestant dont forget to record your 9ja song today..DELAYS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED THIS TIME