Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Three Dreams and a Hairdresser

There was a young woman



Who loved to eat stew



She had some weird dreams



And she didn't know what to do...

Do you ever get some crazy dreams when you're sleeping? Well I had some last night, and none of them were clear. And now...I barely even remember them because I waited too long before I made this post!! All I know is one involved a white family that needed to get to the bathroom. And I showed them how to get there...but somehow it involved a narrow rope bridge (which I almost fell off)...and I think it was supposed to be my dorm at school...but it looked a lot more like a Hogwarts type school. It was weird.

Another involved a pair of white sandals that were mine, and I was looking for them. I was at this African lady's house (sorry...don't know which country, but I think she was from a French speaking one). And then she said she would let me borrow her pair of white sandals (we were in her basement). So I borrowed them, but I didn't like them because there was this clear covering over the toes. I went upstairs, and their was another African lady (same French speaking country)and she said that she had put my white sandals in the garage on the shoe rack.

Third dream...I don't even remember anymore lol.

But the hairdresser....Oh my goodness!!!

Okay, so I went to the hairdresser to get a touch up on my perm. And the lady who I was working with was soooooo insanely rude to me. She is a friend of my mom's, so that's why my mom sent me to her. I'm pretty new to perming my hair because it's always been in braids. So I would say that I don't know to much about maintaining a perm (or what is best for your hair). So whenever I wash my hair I blow dry it and then flat iron...and when I go to the hairdresser, they blow dry and flat iron my hair as well.

I won't even go through how rude she was to me when she was putting the perm in and things. But I will fast forward to after she washed my hair and asked me if I wanted it blow dryed or set. She had been telling me the whole time how dry my hair was, so I asked which one is better for your hair. And she replied setting, so I said okay I want it set. So I asked her to show me how to put my hair in rollers because I have never seen anyone do it before (my sister and I always had braids, and my mom has her hair cut short). So she sarcastically tells me that she will show me when she's doing it. But the whole time, she kept telling me to put my head down. "Can you put your head down!" Sarcastic tone again....

So I'm under the dryer...never been under it before in my life. So maybe 10 minutes goes by, my scalp starts feeling really hot. So I think my hair is dry, but the hairdresser is nowhere in sight. She was somewhere in the back talking to my mother. I even called my mom asking her if she could tell her friend to come over to check my hair. My mother said okay...but they definitely just kept on talking. Five or more minutes go by (which felt like ages) and I keep touching my hair under the driers and I'm thinking this woman is going to ruin my hair! Drying it when there is nothing left to dry!

So I move my head out from under the dryer, and this other hairdresser sees me, and calls the woman who was doing my hair telling her that my hair was dry. My hairdresser says from the back "there's no way that her hair can be dry already!" So she comes out, and I tell her that I think my hair is dry already. Then she gets this attitude saying that my hair cannot be dry. She doesn't even check my hair. Then proceeds to yell at me in front of the entire salon. Telling me that I should stop calling her name (might I just say that I had never called her name before). And that she is trying to have a conversation with my mother and I should just leave her. And my mom just stood there and let her treat me like that.

Then of course she continues to be rude to me when she takes the rollers out and wraps it. That reminds me of earlier when I asked her if I should air dry my hair with the rollers, because I was confused about it. Was I supposed to buy myself a dryer, or can I just sit with the rollers in there and let it air dry. She didn't listen to me when I asked because her answers to me made no sense. And after repeating and clearing up my question several times, I just gave up. And after the whole thing, my mom gave her a $10 tip. I would have given the woman nothing. She was my mother's friend (well not really...more of a customer) or else I would have told her how rude I thought she was. My other hairdresser around my university tells me what she puts in my hair and why, she's patient and nice...my other hairdresser deserves tips, not this one. And besides, this lady burned a lot of my scalp. Never going back to that woman again....

Argh..oh well. Well I have to go pick up a friend of mine, have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Jayn Sean said...

Dreams are so confusing.But i heard they are as a result of what you think.True?..i aint sure myself.

If ever i hear you saying you went to that so called hairdresser again,believe me i'm gonna kill you.I donno how,but i will..

Have a nice day...

Ms. Catwalq said...

i am sorry...
what?

Anon said...

I will not go to that hairdresser again...at least on purpose. Unless my mom makes me...

princesa said...

Oh dear! pele o! Ope ur scalp has healed now. U can go to the same salon with ur mum but dont let that nasty lady touch ur hair again abeg!

chidi said...

is this actually the dream or you are talking about something else...dnt get it