Monday, July 14, 2008

Boring...

Sorry guys, not much gist for you all because I've been studying for a test which I had today . So I was inside ALL WEEKEND!!!! I know...hard to believe that this party girl didn't go out. Wait...let me not lie, I am not a party girl, so it's typical that I didn't go out lol. But my birthday is this week!!! So expect that to change this weekend.


Actually, I do have a little story to tell. So an ex-boyfriend of mine came down to my city for a party. But get this...this is how I knew....

One of his friends sent me a message, saying that he and some friends were going to be coming down and he wanted people to hang out with. I asked him if I knew any of these friends, and he said no. So I figured that my ex-bf wouldn't be coming, though not to lie...thought it kind of weird that his friend wanted to hang out because I had never seen him, only talked to him on the phone. But I was up for it, don't mind hanging out with people.

So Saturday night comes, his friend calls and I ignore it because I'm studying for a test and I really don't feel like hanging out. My grades are more important lol. So yeah, ignored those calls, but about five calls later, I finally decide to answer it. But mind you that I never stored his number in my phone, so I recognized it by the area code. So I pick up the phone...it was my ex-bf (who I had not seen in 1+ years). He apparently came in the car with his friend who wanted to see me (and his friend just didn't tell me). Probably because he knew that I could have told him to not bother coming. My ex-bf will not leave me alone...calling my phone (after soo long) asking me when I am going to break up with my boyfriend, telling me that he loves me, that he can't get over me, and that he can't be with anyone else, that I only act this way because I know he will always be there for me, that we were meant to get married...and everything under the sun. I am NOT...let me repeat that...NOT NOT NOT NOT will NEVER be interested in going out with him, or taking anything further than it is now.

I don't mind seeing him, but when he wants to see me, he wants to kiss and stuff...and he just understand that I don't want to. I'm like..."I have a boyfriend" and he says that he doesn't care, that he still loves me, that he thinks my boyfriend and I are just a fling and that one day I will come to my senses. He said that he thinks I'm smart enough to realize that one day I will want a Nigerian man so we can raise Nigerian kids...whatever! No matter who I marry, my kids will be Nigerian right (maybe...at least half)?

So yeah, he came by my apartment around 3:00AM in the morning (he had just come from a party...which I am now glad that I did not attend)...I know...bad idea. But I no matter how I feel, I had not seen him in over a year. And he lives two hours away, I don't want to be known as so cold-hearted that I would not see him when he came around. Yeah...he's still the same old same old. Did nothing with him, and for that he calls me mean. Personally, I don't care. I just don't understand how he is so blind to think the way that he does. Anyways...let me not start ranting.

It was my birthday this week! I will post on Saturday to let you all know how it went. By the way...blogger will probably post this by the date when I started...but actually I am posting this Friday morning. Sorry oh...I don't always have internet access for class reasons.

~ELNG

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that nothing happened o—inviting an ex over at 3am in the morning, especially one who is still in love with you...let's just say that could be the recipe for disaster!

Even though you don't want to be mean, or like to be mean, I think you may have to be a little more blunt with him so he gets the message that it's over.

Anonymous said...

Good on you girl.This your ex dude had to have it hammered into his head that you have moved on. Plz dont let him tempt you and possibly spoil what you have with your current bf!

Hope you are okay. Waiting impatiently for the birthday jist..lol. x

Chizoba said...

Some people with Y chromosomes can be a tad dense sometimes.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

What I'm I supposed to write now since you've accused me of just being a passer by on your blog?

There must be something about you that makes your ex-boyfy have a re-think!

But just tell him, maybe vehemently, that it was not a joke that you broke up with him.

All the best with your result ;)

Anon said...

@Goodnaijagirl: Yeah...I made a mistake. But I don't know...I thought it would be worse that I had not seen him in over a year and denied him the ability to chat with me.

@Minky: You have no idea how hard I have tried to get it into his head...I don't know what else I can do to make him see.

@Chizom: Tell me about it...

@Aloofar: You know it was only a joke lol. But I do appreciate the comment. He's just ridiculous, there is absolutely no room for doubt on the status of the relationship. He just refuses to see all of the writing on the wall.