Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July!!!


Happy Fourth of July everyone!!! Well...to those that celebrate it lol. Mine was alright, I'm at school for the summer, so not much that I can actually do. A friend had a picnic yesterday though, so I went over to her apartment to celebrate. I was probably there for about two hours! It was fun, a lot of bugs though.

Then after that, went out to this club...which was soo fun!! I have not been to a club in ages (or any kind of club for that matter)! The deal pretty much is that if my boyfriend doesn't go out, I pretty much don't go out. It's not written or spoken or anything, I just generally feel like I have no point going to a club if he does not come. I find it hard to dance with other guys.

But yeah, so was at the club for probably about two hours, and it was just insane. Maybe my not going out for a while has caused me to forget what to expect. But left and right guys kept asking for my number. Okay...not left and right, so it was like five guys. But I haven't gotten that kind of attention in a while lol. It was like:


The next night (Saturday night...don't mind blogger, I started typing this Saturday morning), I went out to an African club with this friend of mine who kind of likes me. Yeah...I don't know. I have really resigned myself to the fact that I will never have males who really just want to be friends and nothing more. But yeah, the party was fun, it was free drinks and free entry! Got to hear some great African tracks from Naija to Kenya and even some Caribbean stuff!

As for why I say I will never have any males that will be just friends...maybe that's just an exaggeration. I believe that I may get some within the next five-ten years? But as for now...doesn't happen. That story will be saved for another day!

See ya ♥

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a new reader of your blog but what about going to clubs with female friends?

I'm torn too whether girls and guys can be strictly friends without the tension of one or both parties having crushed on one another. I must say I've seen very few purely platonic, neither person has ever wanted to date the other type guy-girl friendships...

Unknown said...

Ok maybe I'm being naive but I have quite a few male friends who aren't interested in me in any way other than friendship. We properly sit down talk, play video games, club - at times I was the only female on the group. It was fun.

Love the youtube clip - Lol

Anon said...

@Goodnaijagirl: Haha, I don't want you to think I go to clubs with guys. That was really the only time because he was new to the area and I told him about this african party, and he loves african parties. And another female friend who was supposed to be a third backed out. But I always go to clubs with girls lol.

@Nogo: Seriously I am jealous of you. I do not have a single close male friend that I could say is interested in only being friends. After another revelation from a guy yesterday, I complained to my boyfriend about my situation. Of course he just laughed because he always thinks that every guy is trying to hit on me. I have one male friend that I can call to hang out and won't try anything, but he's not even that close with me (as I don't tell him my life stories)...I need to make this into a post actually lol.

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Nice one ;)

Chari said...

funny you should say that cuz I kinda have that saaaaamme problem with girls...ahnahn! darn! u will find sha...hopefully b4 5/10 years

Anon said...

@aloofar: I am beginning to doubt you read my posts with these general comments :-/

@Charizard: It sucks doesn't it! LOL...well let me make that three years. Hopefully by that time I will.

Jayn Sean said...

Geeee! When was the last time i was here? God forgive me ooo!

Well..in contrary to you, i like clubbing alone. You know how its like? The freedom and all? We agree to go separate ways, like he goes hang out somewhere with his friends while i go out with the gals.

Well thats what i used to do when i had a boyfriend. You know like i dont really like situations where its like, i'm guarding him or something. I wud only ask, 'babes, how was the night out with the boys?' You know? that kinda thing..

Other wise, looks like you really did welcome July 4th with open arms hey?

How have you been since i last 'saw' you?

Anonymous said...

Ahn ahn 5 guys only you..hot sturves! lol.As for the male friend thing...it is possible but...attraction arising as a result of the friendship is a natural thing.

BlogVille Idol said...

pls RUN over to d idol page and listen to d contestants NIGERIAN song!!!dont forget to vote!!!!d competition is gettiing HOTTER

BlogVille Idol said...

Hello ,its me once again remindng you that the blogville idol contestants 08 have sung their OLDIES jams!!!this session in on FIRE!!..Pls go over to the page listen to the contestants and then VOTE!!!dont forget to drop us a kind comment!tanx

BlogVille Idol said...

wow!!we are down to d final 5 on blogville idol..pls go over to our page and listen to d contestants sing pls vote and dont forget to leave us a kind comment