Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Advice

Sooo...

Life is going horribly wrong for me at this point. Well not HORRIBLY wrong, but it's just different. And let's just say that I can't really cope with it. So right now, I'm just going to ask for advice.

So since I last updated everyone, a LOT of things have changed. For the simple rundown of it all....
*Boyfriend and I decided to take a break
*The Ghanaian guy and I kissed...and got pretty close. Emotionally that is...not physical. But we have kissed...a lot!
*Boyfriend and I got back together after a day of being upset and crying.
*I also got sick and had to be on medication for the past week.
*Needless to say....the combination of all this and the fact that I had a third test and a final for my class resulted in a not so pleasing grade.

Now here is the major dilemma...I like both of the guys. I mean...I love my boyfriend. But I know at this point that my parents would never accept him. Though they did meet him and have a good conversation with him when I was moving out. This Ghanaian guy...he's cute, sweet, just a really nice guy. But of course, parents also met him move out day and they had stuff to say as well. My mom of course kept asking me about our relationship...like what kind of friends we are. She knows I would never admit to being in a relationship with anyone to her...at least not for a while. So anyways...my mom was like...stay away from Ghanaian men, they are loose. They don't stay in marriages (which ironically enough his parents are divorced).

And then part of me also tells me to forget about them both and just focus on school. I decided that I was still interested in going to medical school but I plan on getting my MD/MBA...but, I have to get good grades. And this summer kind of sucked for that. My parents are right, I am getting distracted...and that's why part of me just wants to dismiss them both and guys altogether. I don't know. I just need some advice here. Any and all is welcome.

And my boyfriend is actually fully aware of my feelings for this other guy.

Help!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that although it is hard advice to actually follow, you should focus on school. It seems like your parents' opinion matters a lot to you so you'd never be comfortable in either of those relationships. That combined with the fact that you're not pleased with your school results makes me think that the best thing for you would probably be to focus more on school.

Anon said...

@Good Naija Girl
You are definitely right, but although my parent's opinion matters to me a lot, I do take things with a grain of salt. I don't really agree with the idea of stereotyping people, because though a stereotype might be true for some people, it's not inclusive of everyone. It mainly matters right now because they pay my school fees...and I feel that they would stop being so willing if they knew I was dating certain people.

I know in the end, the decision lies with me, and as much as they want to look out for me, I can't sacrifice my happiness. I feel like they would never be happy with anyone I bring home...unless he's Nigerian. For some reason I thought they were okay with any African...but I guess not.

Buttercup said...

wow...ur boyfriend knows bout u n the ghanaian guy?? ok...

um....i agree wit GNG, u might wanna focus on skul if u r gettin distracted, but on the other hand, lots of people juggle skul n relationships...if u can handle both, go for it...

as for who to chose, just follow ur heart!

Buttercup said...

Oh shit...choose*

desperate lady said...

1st of all, can I ask wut boyfy thinks about ur feelings 4 someother dude?
If ur bf had feelings 4 another chic, wud u stil b with him?
Girl u need 2 make up ur mind, ur bout 2 hurt some1 so do it fast b4 u end up hurtin both n urself. N maybe u need a break 4rm both.

Anonymous said...

I'd hate to say this but uhm...forget both guys and face school abeg...no dude is worth the stress of failing at school..take it from someone who has...

update said...

em i dn't knw wot 2 say, bt 2 b sincere 2 u, dis is ur tym 4 skul tinx.

update said...

em i dn't knw wot 2 say, bt 2 b sincere 2 u, dis is ur tym 4 skul tinx.