Sunday, February 4, 2007

My Roommate

Okay...so I always knew that there were little things about my roommate that would just get on my nerves and bother the heck out of me. Like I would come back and see crumbs on my desk or stains on my desk from food that she had cooked. Granted that only happened like twice, it was still disrespectful. And then the fact that I'm always the one that cleans OUR fridge. But I don't say anything because she's my roommate and I know that I'm going to be stuck with her for a while. So I'd rather just not say anything and not get jeopardize our fragile relationship. Because even as it is, I rarely see her. I could go for three days and not see her, and when I do see her, it's just a "hi" and a "bye."

So this has been something that has just overstepped the bounds this time. So I leave my laptop on my desk, sometimes I leave it open, sometimes I close it. So even though my roommate hasn't told me, I've gathered clues that she has a boyfriend. Okay...so really I found out on Facebook that she has a boyfriend, but she never told me. And from her conversations...she has mentioned this guy named Myles, whom I've gathered to be her boyfriend. Which is all besides the point. So I come to my room and sometimes when I leave my laptop open, I notice that like it's not asleep even though I have been away from the laptop for a long time. So I had this idea that she was letting someone use my computer while I was away. But I just couldn't believe that such would happen, so I just figured maybe leaving instant messenger open was doing that.

So I come to my computer this morning to check out the address of this hairdresser that I'm going to today. I open google.com and there is this e-mail address signed in...onto a google account on my computer!!!!!! And it's not one of my friends...not even anyone that I know, but guess what??? Guess who's name is under the account??? Myles!!!! Can you believe that???? She let her freakin' boyfriend use MY LAPTOP when I was NOT IN THE ROOM. And not only that...but I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS GUY!!! I have never seen him before in my life! So tell me that I don't have the right to be upset. I don't know how else to put this, but that is incredible disrespectful!!! Argh...I want to just...I'm just mad.

I wrote her a note that we have to talk. I can't believe that I would have to put my laptop under a lock and key in my own room. But whatever. If I have to do it, then I will. But I seriously have lost a lot of respect for my roommate and I just don't trust her. That she would not give me the common decency to not let some random guy use my computer. Not just my computer, but just not touch my stuff at all. I feel so betrayed, because honestly...I didn't see it, she never would have told me. I just need to know how to go about this whole thing. I will honestly yell at her if I can't calm down. Hopefully I will be calm when I see her and tell her. Otherwise...I can tell you right now that all hell is about to break lose!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

calm down - is it really that big a deal?

Anon said...

No, you're right. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but it usually takes time to cool down and realize that what you saw as the end of the world...really wasn't.