Monday, February 19, 2007

Updates Updates UPDATES!!!!

My life this weekend has been absolutely crazy. Okay...not soo crazy, but interesting all the same.

First things first, my boyfriend and I did break up. It really ended on a bad note, or more of an uncertain note. So I called him just to say hey and what's up, wasn't really planning on breaking up with him. Just wanted to chat on Friday because I had called him on Valentine's Day to say all that good stuff, and he said he would have to call me back, and no calling back. So I decided that I should just call him back myself. Called him, and then I remembered that I had left a necklace of mine at his house and I just wanted to know if he could mail it back because it's been there for about three months now. And then he started to make a big deal asking if that is what I had called him about. And I was like "no, I just called you because I wanted to see how you were doing and I remembered the necklace, and I just wanted you to mail it back to me."

So then he calms down and he was like, yeah, I'll mail it to you. And then proceeds to talk about something else. But then I remember to make sure that he had my mailing address. So then I say, do you want me to give you my mailing address? And he told me to send it through e-mail. I didn't want to send it through e-mail because there were easier ways to send it. So I asked him, do you want me to send it to you through an inbox at an online community since we were both members, and I was already logged in. He then tells me that he was kicked off, like he tried to login, and it wouldn't let him. And I asked him what he did to get kicked off. And he tells me that he did nothing. But I'm a little confused, so I tell him that they don't just kick people off for no reason, like he must have done something. So then he tells me how he contacted the people who own the website and told them about it. And they didn't do anything, so then he told them to "kiss his black ass." And he asks me if I thought something was wrong in him telling them that. And of course there is something wrong in him telling them that. So I told him that I didn't think that it was right. He proceeds to get mad at me saying that I always blame him for things. Just like I said that it was his fault that he got the parking ticket. (In case I didn't mention it, he drove his car to school one day even though he didn't have a parking permit. And his car got towed. He said the reason he decided to drive the car to school was because it was cold and he didn't want to walk). But at that point, I just could not believe that he was going to get mad at me for giving my opinion on something, that opinion that he asked for.

So then he gets silent. Says absolutely nothing to me. So I ask him if he's mad at me. Then he decides he wants to ask me why I want to know. I tell him that I just want to know, "are you mad at me." He then replies with "what difference does it make?" I reply again, "I just want to know, are you mad at me?" He then tells me that I'm looking for a reason to be mad at him. So then I tell him that I'm not looking for a reason to be mad at him, I just want to know if he's mad at me. He asks me another pointless question again. I ask him why he just can't answer the question because he was quite for a long time, and I want to know if it's because you're mad at me. Then he replies "maybe." So then I just told him you know, this is just not working out. And said that we should break up. He remains silent for a while. I hang on the line to see if he'll say anything, he says nothing. So then I say that if he won't say anything, then I'm just going to hang up the phone. I hang on for a bit to see if he'll say anything, still silent. So then I just hung up the phone. Then I waited 5 minutes, called him back, no answer. Called him back again, still no answer. Called him back like 5 times the next day, still no answer, always the voice mail. I told my friends, and all they could say was "thank God, it was about time you broke up with him!"

And all I have to say that I couldn't agree more, it really was about time. And he did actually answer the phone when I called him on Sunday night, but I was on the way to a party so we didn't talk long. He asked me if I really wanted to break up...yes I did!

I tried to find a funny break-up clip on you tube...and there kind of was not any. So I'll just leave you to this clip. It's Australian...didn't watch all of it but it seemed alright from what I saw lol.



And about Friday night (the night I broke up with my bf) my friends went out the club, saw some strippers. And apparently they were really bad. They told me about this guy who was called 6'2" or something but apparently he looked more like 4'2" lol...allegedly he is 5'4" lol. And then they had this run in with this like 54 year old guy who gave them a ride back that apparently is here on a marriage visa, but then the marriage fell through and he was looking for a girl to marry lol. And there was a car full of girls!!! Haha lol. Overall, I'm happy with my idea to stay in my dorm and go to sleep lol.

Ummm....my school's African Club through a party at a local school club with some white fraternities and sororities so that we would get a really good turnout. And it went well, we're all like really happy about it. I know I sure am, we must have had like 300+ people there. And with a charge of $5 per person...we made so much money to go to charity. So we are like really excited about it. And I happened to meet this guy that was a year older than me and we danced for about an hour until it was over. Not a new guy, but it's the same guy that I had danced with at another party for half and hour in the beginning of the school year. I believe I first met him in October, and I was like instantly attracted. Like I saw him when I had walked into the club, and I was like...I want to dance with that guy!!! Haha....yeah, but like we danced and stuff, didn't get his number or anything. And we went our separate ways. I couldn't stop thinking about this guy. Then I got a boyfriend, and I saw this guy that I will call Will around campus a lot. He even gave me $30 when my school was fundraising for Uganda. So that was nice of him.

But this time, we talked a bit while dancing, and he held me around the waist a lot and even held my hand!!! *Sigh* and did I happen to mention that he is 6'4" and plays football. Yeah...he had lifted up his t-shirt to wipe some of the sweat off of his face, and I definetly saw this amazing 6 or 8 pack under his shirt. But you know...like I said, I'm not looking for a relationship right now, we'll probably just be friends lol. But he's really cute...cute, not sexy. But I like cute guys anyways though...but no relationship, seriously.

Ohhh, I almost forgot, about the guy that sent me flowers. So we've been talking and stuff, and he tells me yesterday night that the more we talk, the more he likes me. He tells me that if I just want to be friends, then that's great, but I want to be girlfriend and boyfriend, then he is fine with that. I just want to stay friends, like I've said already.

I don't really know what makes guys like me so easily. I mean...I know there is that whole idea that girls and guys can't just be friends, but is that really true? Why can't people of the opposite sex just remain friends?

Anyways...here's a cute video that I should have put up for Valentine's Day...my fault. But it's Justin Timberlake's last song called "My Love." This is such an amazing song.



But for something really funny, I stole this from I don't even know who's blog, but I thought it was hilarious. All about Nigerian parents lol. Because we all know how they are :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love justin, so i just had to drop a comment for that.he is so hot. that naija video is too funny,i think i saw it on either naijavixen's page or bellas page first. but nice work anyways

Anonymous said...

that naija woman buying a house is a trip - but i just love and love that jocelyn - she is just too hilarious - i wish i could download the entire show - if you know how, pls let me know.

Anonymous said...

so you and the bf broke up - you kinda too hard. i was like that at your age - why? cos i never wanted to get played by any man. but being hard all the time is not necessarily a good move - esp. if you are trying too hard to be hard. my advice is that anybody that you cannot see yourself being a wife to needs to be kept at arms lenght and that's it. i know i sound like a retired school teacher - but experiences are the best teachers. good luck.

Confused Naija Girl said...

that video of the naija woman is was hilarious! for some reason i dont like the my love video