Monday, September 17, 2007

Hazy First Days with the Roomie

Move-in day went well. My roommate met my parents and my parents thought she was a responsible girl. I had the same impression of her as well (though I did know her from last year because we would complain about our roommates together before dance practice on Saturday mornings).

My parents left after about two hours, which we spent buying some things for the house and for my dorm. Right after my parents left, I meet up with my boyfriend and we chat while I'm unpacking all my things and putting them into place in my room.

In comes my roommate some hours later. So I introduce her to my boyfriend and he talks to her (like my boyfriend to make everyone feel at home :-) ). And then of course my roommate is all like..."you never told me you had a boyfriend." And in my head I'm thinking well I didn't know you well enough for me to tell you I had a boyfriend. I mean, where am I supposed to add it in during our brief passing conversations that consist of "hey, how are you?" "Good, and you?" "I'm doing well."

So we're probably in the room together (all three of us) for another hour or two...during which I was unpacking, boyfriend talking to roommate, me adding my two cents in every once in a while.

Then later my boyfriend took me out to dinner, which was great.

Through out the next couple days, my roommate would just be like...."awww, I wish I had a boyfriend." Along with other stuff, which I can't quite remember, over and over again....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, please check out chapter one of my epic novel based on the ancient city of Timbuktu. I'd appreciate if you left a review comment as that can help me a lot in shaping the final product.

Jayn Sean said...

I'm having a feeling this aint a roommate, but a backet full of wahala...????