Monday, September 17, 2007

The Saturday That will Live in Infamy (September 1st) Pt. 1

My boyfriend's birthday happened to fall on August 29th, which was the Wednesday of the first week of school. So on Wednesday, I went out to a Japanese restaurant with my boyfriend and three of his male friends. At first, I didn't want to go because I thought it should just be he and his friends, but some of my friends convinced me that I should go too since he asked. So I went, and it turned out to be fun, so I'm glad I went.

So anyways, I had plans of my own to make my boyfriend rice and plantain with stew (since he had never had Nigerian food before, and I had been telling him that he had to try it). And then for dessert, I was going to make his favorite food which was cheesecake. So I had a friend take me to the store where I bought all the ingredients.

Fast forward to Saturday....

4AM

I wake up to bake the cheesecake.

8 AM


Cheesecake has been baking for 2 hours now. I am tired, decide that I should go upstairs and take a nap.

10 AM


Wake back up because I need to take the cheesecake out and put it into the fridge.

12AM

Go with my three best friends and my roommate to get breakfast/dinner before our school's football game.

There happen to see my boyfriend along with some of his teammates grabbing some food. My friends and I say hi, I give him a hug, and then he leaves for the field. So my friends and roommate (Brittany) are just chatting about random things.

2PM

Go to watch the football game. We start off well in the beginning...but 3rd quarter comes, other team takes off and we lose.

4:30PM

Back to my dorm where I will spend the next several, several hours cooking dinner for my boyfriend.

6:30PM

Boyfriend calls and says he can't make it at 7:00, and asks if he can come at 8:00. Told him that was great (besides...I wasn't finished cooking and wanted to take another shower before he came so I didn't smell like friend plantain).

8:00PM

Boyfriend comes, and I have him take me to the store first to buy some whipped cream (the cheesecake cracked around some of the edges and I needed to fix it). He didn't know why we were going to the store, in fact he didn't know that I had cooked him dinner either. While we were out, I also happened to see some plantain that was riper than the one that I had bought, and so I picked up a few of those as well.

So we get back to my room and my roommate is there. And you want to know the first things that she said? She was like...

"Hi James! You know what? You are a lot taller and more muscular than I thought you were. I mean, I was talking to some friends about you, and they said that you were tall and muscular. I said that I didn't know about muscular, but you are definitely taller than I had thought."

My boyfriend just smiled and laughed at the whole thing.

And then pretty much throughout the time my boyfriend was there, he spent more time talking to my roommate than talking to me. Joking with her about America's Next Top Model....etc.

And then when I said that I was going to fry up the plantain that I had just bought, he asked if I wanted him to stay in the room, or come down with me! I mean...why would he ask to stay in the room with my roommate....does that make any sense?

And so then later, when we finally get to eating after we came back and he joked around with my roommate some more. My roommate goes into her closet right behind us and goes, "James, don't turn around, I'm getting naked." And then James says, "I mean, that would be kind of weird. Especially since ELNG is right here." And then she replies, "I'm in the closet!" And then adds again sarcastically, "oh yeah, I'm getting naked right behind you."

Why did she have to use the word naked...she could have said she was changing! And why did my bf see the need to further the conversation...?

So when my roommate left to go and take a shower because she was going to a party...I excused myself and left....

2 comments:

EDNUTEY said...

OK, ur roommate was hitting on him...and he was kinda feeling her too...na wa...make I go continue d story

Jayn Sean said...

Oya! I'm folowing oo! And i'm beginning to hate your roommate...nonsense!